vrijdag 3 februari 2017

Interview Diana de Ruiter


Name: Diana de Ruiter, owner and piercer at Flower of Life  Zutphen (NL)

Can you describe yourself in one sentence?
I am a very enthusiastic and creative person and always interested in stories of other people

How long have you been piercer?

I started In 1995 as a piercer so 21 years

Why this profession?
As a child, I was already poking holes in others and making jewelry. I wanted to  do something special after years working in an Office.


How or from whom did you learn the skills?
apprenticed in a studio in Eindhoven

Your first piercing was a?
Eyebrow

Who or what inspires you?
I get my inspiration from people, with there different stories,  and my big inspiration is Ryan Ouellette


Can you tell me  something about your studio/workspace?

My studio is located in the lovely old part of the town Zutphen on Frankensteeg 6.
The décor is especially cozy with antique stuff giving it  a living room feel. In addition to the jewelry there is much to see in art and rarities including a collection of stuffed animals and animals on strong water. My workplace has an old fashioned medical look.


What type of piercings do you prefer?

My favorite piercing are nipples . I like to make women happy like when they suffer from inverted nipples, also like to do playpiercings


What is the best piece of advice you ever got when you started out and think it would help other starters in this industry?
 
Believe in yourself, you are never too old to learn and be honest to your customers

Do you have have a nice or weird experience as a piercer you'd like to share with us?

My most extraordinary story is that I had a girl who's been a regular customer of me, wanted her last wish to come true, Three days before her euthanasia I came on location to preform a corset piercing on her. This was quite a heavy experience.

Does your work involve more then just piercing?
I also do everything else which comes when running your own business.
Soon I'll start with a tattoo artist in the shop.

In my spare time, I like to go hunting at antiques and flea markets to look for special stuff.

How do you see yourself in 5 years?

In 5 years I hope to have trained a nice lady so I can spend more time traveling!



Do you have a tip or do you want to add something to this interview?
Finally, if you decide to get a piercing then don't go somewhere because it is cheap but do some research first on the studio and be well informed.





Facebook: Flower of life 
Frankensteeg 6 Zutphen
piercing.diana@gmail.com
















-Answers and photos : Diana de Ruiter
Angie
-Published Tattoo Planet eMagazine 118/februari 2017