dinsdag 20 september 2016

Interview Kees Rocher

Name Kees Rocher
Owner Roscher studio Weidum (NL)

Can you Discribe yourself in one sentence?Relaxed, curious and a daredevil.

How long have you been piercer?
When can you call yourself a piercer, being self-taught? But I pierce since 1977 and in those days there was virtually no one who could train you.

Why this profession?
It's never been my main occupation. I work primarily at the hospital, where I've obtained my knowledge about human anatomy, sterile work and wound care. The human body has always fascinated me.

How or from whom did you learn the skills?
Through the "Candy" (a sex magazine), when they had an article about piercing. I then joined the The Gauntlet "PFIQ", (Piercing Fans International Quarterly) magazine, where I gained worldwide contacts from piercers and pierced people.

The first piercing you did was a?
Frenum, and I did it on myself. I was just 19 and didn't even knew the piercing was called Frenum. Later through the "Candy", I learned that there were more people involved in this.

Who or what inspires you?
Doug Malloy and his stories. How fantastic is it that they made their credibility by the piercing and gave it a face in the beginning.

Mr. Sebastian, his didactic brought a great deal of knowledge through magazines like "Body Art" and "Piercing World".

Elayne Angel, she beat me to it with her piercing bible. My version is still in the scaffolding and appears partly on my site and of the foundation "Better Piercing".

Can you tell me something about your studio/workplace?
After 15 years I thought it was time for a make over and started working together with a carpenter from the village we started. By the major operation lamp and the abundant use of the color white, the space is often very overwhelming to new customers.

What kind of piercing do you prefer?

In the early days more intimate piercings, much later came other piercings in vogue. I always have preferred the intimate piercings. My favorite is the triangle, that I do now for over 20 years.

What's the best piece of advice you ever got when you started out and think it would help other starters in this industry?If you do something, do it right, otherwise don't start!

Do you have a nice or weird experience as a piercer you want to share with us?

Long before the legislation about piercing existed, there came a 12 year old young lady for a belly button piercing, together with her mother. When I had studied the navel, I adviced her mother that it would be better to wait. For a moment I was afraid that they would attack me ferociously. Luckily she understood a little later, that this was better for her daughters navel.


Does your work involve more then just piercing?
In my studio, I also do various forms of hair removal, such as IPL, Brazilian waxing and remove tattoos. Besides the studio, I work at a hospital in a paramedical function for over 40 years now.

How do you see yourself in 5 years ?
By that time I have stopped working and I can devote my time to travel more. But I will continue to set an occasionally piercing.






Do you have a tip or do you want to add something to this interview?
I have always tried to unify piercer, and sometimes not in a good way. However, I do stand by my believe it's important that you keep in touch with each other.

www.roscher.nl
e-mail: info@roscher.nl
www.beterpiercen.nl



Angie
-Answers and photo's : Kees Roscher
-Published Tattoo Planet eMagazine 113/September