maandag 29 februari 2016

Report with Bruno BMA


Body Modification Report


Bruno BMA
Amsterdam, March 22nd 2015. I'm at Classic Ink & Mods for my first on location report. We were a little early, but let in by Eva the floor manager. Always nice to visit other studios!

Classic Ink & Mods is a cosy studio, which you would not expect at first glance. It has more space than expected with two floors. 


On this day Bruno BMA from Italy was guest artist. A well-known person in the world of Body Modification and Suspension. You can book him for, traditional scarification, branding, implants like magnets, NFC and silicone, tongue splitting, reconstruction of ear and intimate. The possibilities are endless.

Shortly after us, Bruno arrived. After he was settled in and unpacked on the top floor, and due to cancelation of his first appointment, he had all the time for me and I could ask anything I wanted.

Doesn't he look good
Shortly after our interview, his second appointment came in, Sandor a young man who wanted an implant.Why an implant? Sandor: "It starts with piercings and tattoos and after seeing on TV, I also wanted a tongue splitting. After that I wanted more. It's beautiful and I have been waiting for years to be able to do this."

After figuring out the right silicone implant, a nice star form, Bruno began to prepare for the procedure. Efficient, everything hygienic, all sterilized packed instruments and even Bruno himself looked like a professional surgeon.

After the implant was sterilized, Sandor took place in the treatment chair after, he firmly cleaned his hands and Bruno marked the place where the star would come out most beautiful. Because Sandors hand was tattooed and Bruno didn't want to damage the tattoo, he explained to Sandor that he would cut  from the side for the implant insertion.

Bruno began to make a cut on the side and gently created space under the skin  for the silicone. Because of the marked spot on the hand, he could push the silicone on the desired location. When satisfied on the location of the silicone, he stitched the cut neatly and carefully. Sandor had a huge smile on his face during the entire process and felt absolutely nothing. The hand was wrapped in bandages and Bruno told him about the aftercare.



Smiling Sandor
implant after 3 months
Three months after,  I contacted Sandor to see how the recovery went. Sandor: "Think I had some  pain for a week or so. My fingers were thic
k and turned blue. It was hard to lift or move my fingers and was experiencing some tingling. But I feel no pain these days, but it it's a weird feeling if you touch it. No pain, just weird. All in all, I am very happy with it and I know I'll be getting more in the future".




I like express my gratitude to Bruno and Sandor for letting me sit in on the procedure. It was very interesting to watch, to see the possibilities and different types of implants, It got me inspired and next year I'll be on Bruno's agenda for getting a micro implant myself! :)

Bruno & Me
Facebook : Bruno BMA
Bruno Body Mod Art
www.brunobma.com

-photo's : BrunoBMA & Angie
Angie
- Published in Tattoo Planet Magazine 100 /augustus 2015