vrijdag 19 mei 2017

Interview Charlotte


Name: Charlotte, piercer bij DaRocks Almere (NL)

Can you describe yourself in one sentence?
Spontaneous, caring, perfectionist
Always try to be positive and have a sharp tongue.

How long have you been piercer?

Four years

Why this profession?
I like the interaction with the customers .
Especially fun to see how happy people can get after a new Piercing.
Sales of jewelry making sure people get the correct piece of jewelry.
Beeing creative with making other jewelry such as necklaces, rings, and earrings.

How or from whom did you learned the skills?
By much research and practice under the supervision of an experienced piercer.
And never stop learning.


What was your first piercing?
A helix piercing, when I think back on how the needle went back and forth, I laugh.I was so very very nervous

Who or what inspires you?Many American piercers who have followed master classes, for example app members.


Can you tell something about your studio/workspace?We are a cosy studio with a small, close team.
We are easily accessible, very focused on customers. Every tattoo artist has it's own style, from realism to black &grey to color etc.

What type of piercing do you prefer?
I prefer nipple or navelpiercings. Because each nipple and navel are different. It is always a challenge.

What is the best piece of advice you ever got when you started out and think it would help other starters in this industry?
You have to approach each customer as new, everyone is different. Always be open and be honest.
If you do not trust something or doubt don't do it. Make sure you learn it from someone who already has a lot of piercing experience. Anyone can make a hole, but not everyone makes a good piercing.



Do you have a nice or weird experience as a piercer you'd like to share with us?
Over the years I built up a lot of regular customers, and even with some friendships.

Does your work involve more than just piercing?
Yes, in my spare time I help the tattoo artists with the ins and outs of the studio, appointments, help people at the desk, which I really like.



How do you see yourself in 5 years?

In 5 years I would want to sell more quality jewelry,  grown more with my skills. H
ope I am still healthy and happy.

http://darocks.nl/

-Angie
Photos and answers: Charlotte
-Published Tattoo Planet eMagazine 121/may 2017