donderdag 17 september 2015

Introduction

Introduction:

My name is Angie and proud owner of a little piercing and tattoo studio in Middelburg, The Netherlands.

I've worked for 18+ years as a manager in a family business, but it never was the career I wanted. So after the owner retired in 2012, I took the opportunity to start doing what I love. After re-educating myself and working as an apprentice at our local tattoo studio, I opened my own studio in 2013.

When I started out, I noticed there was very little information about body modification in The Netherlands. Because of my love of the industry, I wanted to be up to date,  know more with everything involving body modification. But by living in the south-west  corner of The Netherlands, that can be challenging! Not being able to visit other colleagues or conventions that frequently to share information, even though I know there is so much more to learn.

When Dutch magazine 'Tattoo Planet' offered me a position to write for their magazine, it gave me the extra boost to look and find more information. Body modification has so many various aspects that I would like to explain. What is the latest trend and news, latest on hygiene, which jewelry, how is it done, the do's and don'ts, the rules, who is the person behind the needle and what experience or story do they have. I for one enjoy my work everyday and in this job you never stop learning, right?

This way I hope and try to get piercing more in the open in The Netherlands and Belgium, by keeping you up to date on what's going on in this beautiful world called body modification.

So my question is, is there something you want to know more of, do you have ideas/suggestions you like to see in the magazine or do you have a client for scarification for example and he/she would like to be part of the magazine? Just send me an email and who knows, it might turn up in the next issue!

Angie
- Published in Tattoo Planet Magazine 95 februari 2015