donderdag 13 juni 2019

Interview Willem Jan Kain



Name: Willem-Jan Kneepkens Piercer at
Point Blank Tattoo & body piercing in Weert, Limburg

Can you describe yourself in one sentence?
Wow ... that's always a tricky question 🙂 friendly, patient and funny.

How long have you been piercer?
I work since april first 2017 as a professional piercer. Am still pretty new to the whole business.

Why this profession?
Interact with people, the satisfaction you get when you pierce someone with a piece of jewelry (satisfied customers) and the freedom you have.

How or from whom did you learned the skills?
I was by one of our tattoo artists, Frankie van de Wal (roodbaard_tats_art), addressed that Bart Bastiaanse of Tribal Trading trains people to piercers. we've spoke shortly and after I started his piercing course.

What was your first piercing?
That you never forget .... a navel piercing! I was amazed how easy a needle went through a skin. Before I knew it it was done . I needed to let it sink in for a while, the moment you penatrate a skin with a needle. Just for a moment unfortunately the next customer was already waiting .

Who or what inspires you?
Sandra Jetten and Bart Bastiaanse. Sandra often pierced me and I admire her calm and competence. Bart how he approached people and his dedication.

Can tell something about your studio/workplace?

The studio where I work is located in the Centre of Weert, near the Church. There are people coming in of all ages, just to take a look or to request information. The part where I pierce is at the back of the shop. I can pierce my customers in peace .

What type of piercing do you prefer?
There is actually no piercing that I don't like to do.

What is the best piece of advice you ever got when you started out and think it would help other starters in this industry?
Don't pierce it if you can't control it or feel uncomfortable with. Ask other piercers and, if necessary, go be a day to another shop and learn from another piercer

Do you have a nice or weird experience you'd like to share?
Twins who came in one of them wanted a helix. The one who felt the inpact of the needle during the process was not the one sitting in the Chair she felt nothing at all, but her sister did

Does your work involve more than just piercings?
Mainly only piercing, if I have nothing to do then I foresee the tattooists by amenities and make sure all the tools which I and the tattoo artists need are sterile.

How do you see yourself in 5 years? 
be fulltime piercer, and have a very wide range of jewelry.


Do you have a tip or do you want to add something to this interview?

Continue to learn, speak with other piercers and learn from others.

pointblanktattoo.nl

-Angie
Answers and photo's: Willem-Jan
-Published Tattoo Planet emagazine 136/juli