dinsdag 1 maart 2016

Interview Eddy Vercaemere

Interview

Name:
Eddy Vercaemere
Owner & Piercer at Eddy Tattoo in Kortrijk (BE)

Can you describe yourself in 1 sentence?
I am very seriously about my work and set myself the question if it can be any better.

How long have you been piercer? 
Started piercing 2 years later then tattooing, so since 1994


Why this profession?
Actually it longs with tattooing, through the many ask for it in my studio, I started.



How did  you learned the trade?
My mentor has took piercing appointments in my studio for 6 months, and learned me the trade

What was your first piercing you pierced?
A belly button piercing.

Who or what inspires you? 
I try as much as possible to do standard piercings, I won't let me influenced by extreme things, like someone that once asked for an eyelid piercing. Who had seen it somewhere on the net and wanted this too. Such piercings are sometimes posted to take a nice picture or just Photoshopped, but certainly gives problems. I always count from the success rate on healing places.. There is no point to pierce a place you already know in advance that it is not good.

Can you tell something about your studio/work place?
We have a separate place for the piercing and also a separate room where we do intimate piercings. With us you can find all types of body piercings. I already have everything, standard such as navel, nipple, tongue, lip, eyebrow etc but also surface, dermal, and all intimate piercings. A wide collection of tunnels and stretch you can also find at us. 



What type of piercing do you prefer?
A nipple piercing I like doing because I do this free hand without clamp, this to the tilting of the nipple. So  it is  correctly placed. 



What is the best advice you've ever received as a novice piercer, and want to give assistance to other who start in this industry?
There are so many things to watch out for, every piercing is different. What I find important is to mark the piercing standing. Because by sitting down this may be slanting. Always do  bother to let the customer standing upright and give them a mirror check.
For a tongue piercing I find that many piercers too little or no account of the tilting of the tongue. By this I mean that if you have the tongue and you put a tip on using a marker, that this point  will get further behind gets stuck in the . As a result, the tongue piercing is  to far behind  and can even be painful. So I know some important tips, but the best is to find a good mentor.



Do you  have a nice or separate story or experience you'd like to share?
We already have done a couple of  Uvula piercings
You need  2 people for his (someone should push the tongue down with a spatula) and agree gestures signs with the client before you start. He cannot talk while you are working on him.
But the strangest thing I came across is a boyfriend who came along for moral support and then eventually itself bland fell at the sight of a belly button piercing of his girlfriend. When they get together after, by the window of the studio, she showed him her piercing and he faint again. 



Does  your work involves more than just piercing ?
I am also a full time tattoo artist and we also remove tattoos with the latest laser equipment. 



How do you see yourself in 5 years?
still busy hopefully.


Do you have a tip or do you want to add something to this interview?
Come all by the studio


-Answers and Photos : Eddy Vercaemere
Angie
-Published Tattoo Planet E Magazine 102/ oktober 2015